Dr. Parashuram Patroti
Discipline: Genetics & Plant Breeding| Designation: Scientist | At IIMR Since: April 2015
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Mobile: 8390449609
||Institute / University
||Year of completion
||Subject(s) with major field
Ph. D (Agri)
|Professor Jayashankar Telangana State Agricultural University (Formerly a part of ANGRAU).
College of Agriculture Rajendranagar, Hyderabad, Telangana
|| Genetics and Plant Breeding
|M. Sc (Agri)
||University of Agricultural Sciences,
G. K. V. K Bangalore , Karnataka
||Genetics and Plant Breeding
|B. Sc (Agri)
||University of Agricultural Sciences, Dharwad
College of Agriculture Bijapur, Karnataka
Employment Record & Experience (Starting from the present position)
||Institution & place of posting
|| Indian Institute of Millets Research
Centre on Rabi Sorghum (IIMR), Solapur, Maharashtra
Senior Research Fellow
|| University of Agricultural Sciences,
Dept. of Genetics & Plant Breeding,
G. K. V. K Bangalore , Karnataka
|Sept 2010 –
Development of MAGIC populations and construction of multi-genotype varieties in Sorghum
- Breeding for high yielding rabi hybrids and varieties of Sorghum
- Development of heterotic gene pools in Pearl millet.
- Characterisation and identification of trait specific germplasm/genotypes in foxtail millet
- Induction of male sterility in foxtail millet
Recent 3 major contributions:
- Development of Blast resistant lines (Three major genes viz., Pi1, Pi2 and Pi54) into the genetic background of Improved Samba Mahsuri variety of Rice (Oryza sativa) through Marker Assisted Backcrossing.
- Marker Assisted introgression of three major blast resistant genes viz., Pi1, Pi2 and Pi54 into the genetic background of Swarna sub1 variety of Rice (Oryza sativa).
- Floral biology and anthesis pattern studies in finger millet (Eleusine coracana)
Recent awards and recognitions:
- Young Scientist Award (2016) for best research paper presentation.
- University Gold medal for securing highest grade point in the Discipline of Genetics and Plant breeding, PJTSAU during Ph.D. degree Programme.
- Awarded Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for the year 2012-13 for pursuing Doctoral degree.
- Ranked 8th in All India Entrance Examination Conducted by ICAR - SRF (Plant Breeding) held on 25th January 2011.
- Awarded UGC/ Post Graduate Fellowship during PG Programme.
- Gold medal for securing highest grade point average in the subject of Genetics and Plant breeding among the under-graduate students.
- Best outgoing student of the college of Agriculure, Bijapur, UAS, Dharwad, for the year 2004-2008 (UG Programme).
- Best Sports man and Best person in Literary awards for the year 2006 during UG Programme.
- Represented UAS, Dharwad at national level cross country race (12 km run) during 2006 held at Warangal, Andhra Pradesh.
Current collaborative activities:
Recent most significant publications:
- Parashuram Patroti., J. Suresh., Shilpa H. B and M. Sheshu Madhav, 2016. Marker Assisted introgression of three major Blast resistant genes into the Bacterial Blight resistant Rice cultivar Improved Samba Mahsuri. Karnataka J. Agril. Sci- NCGC, special conference issue-accepted
- Parashuram Patroti and Jayarame Gowda. 2013. Identification of superior parents and cross combinations by using Line x Tester analysis in finger millet (Eleusine coracana L.). The Journal of Research ANGRAU. 41(2): 59-67.
- Parashuram Patroti and Jayarame Gowda. 2013. Estimation of heterosis for yield and its attributing characters and study of intra-spikelet competition for see size in finger millet (Eleusine coracana L.). The Journal of Research ANGRAU. 41(2): 33-41.
- Parashuram Patroti., Jayarame Gowda., Usha Rani P and Shilpa H. B. 2014. Floral biology studies in three different varieties of finger millet (Eleusine coracana (L.) Gaertn.). Progressive Research, 9: 1263-1264.
- Parashuram Patroti., Jayarame Gowda., Satish, R. G and Mallikarjun N. M. 2011. Heterosis and combining ability studies for yield and yield attributing characters in finger millet (Eleusine coracana L.). Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding. 2 (4): 494-500.
- Shilpa, H.B., Shivakumar, N., Parashuram Patroti., Theertha Prasad, D., Shailaja Hittalmani., Lohithaswa, H.C and Ramachandra, C. 2014. Genetic variability, heritability and character association studies for Grain yield and yield attributing traits in segregating population of Rice (Oryza sativa L.). Progressive Research, 9 : 1125-1128.
- P. Usha Rani., L. V. Subba Rao, Parashuram Patroti., U. Chaitanya and M. S. Prasad, 2014. Influence of production environment, seed age and seed treatment on seed storability and quality of Rice cv. IR 64. Progressive Research, 9: 1125-1128.
- Ramesh, R., Reddy, D. V. V., Shiva Prasad, G., Parashuram Patroti and Vara Prasad, B. V. 2013. Synergistic and inhibitory effects of plant growth regulators on soybean (Glycine max L.). Helix. 4: 370-373.
- Shiva Prasad, G., Sujatha, M., Subba Rao, L. V., Chaitanya, U and Parashuram Patroti. 2013. Character association and Path analysis in Rice (Oryza sativa L.). Helix. 4: 349-352.
Other professional activities
- Member, Society for Millets Research, Hyderabad
- Member, Indian Society of Genetics and Plant Breeding (*Application for Membership submitted)
- Reviewer for International Journal of Agriculture Sciences
Certified that above facts are correct and I have repeatedly edited and verified to my full satisfaction.
Dr. Parashuram Patroti
Last Updated on 29th September 2015