- All India Coordinated Research Project on Sorghum, ICAR-IIMR, Hyderabad bagged the prestigious "Chaudhary Devi Lal Outstanding All India Coordinated Research Project Award 2019" during ICARs 92nd Foundation Day celebrations held on 16 July, 2020 ::
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses webinar on implementation of Budget in agriculture sector ::
- Nutri-Cereals Multi-stakeholders’ Mega Convention 3.0 -- 17th & 18th September 2021 ::
- ICAR-IIMR celebrates seventh International Day of Yoga (IDY 2021) on 21st June 2021 ::
- India is celebrating ‘Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav’. ICAR has taken up ’75 lecture series’. The scientists, students or other interested audience may click this link to follow URL for joining any lecture ::
- Advertisement no 01/2019 for filling up the post of Assistant may be treated as cancelled due to administrative reasons ::
- Kharif Agro Advisory ::
- First Dr NGP Rao Memorial Life time Achievement Award Ceremony Video link of 5th September, 2021 ::
- Invitation for First Dr NGP Rao Memorial Life time Achievement Award Ceremony on 5th September, 2021 (Sunday) at 11 AM ::
- हिंदी चेतना मास
- International Conference on Finger Millet 2022, January 19-22, 2022, UAS Bangalore
AICRP - Sorghum
- 1. All-India Coordinated Research Project on Sorghum (AICRP on Sorghum) was established in December, 1969 with the main objective of conducting research on grain and forage sorghum improvement. Its coordinating unit was initially located at the main station of Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI) at New Delhi, with 11 cooperating centers positioned in different states under State Agricultural Universities (SAUs).
- 2.The cooperating centers are identified for multi-location testing of technology and products for sorghum improvement, besides contributing to sorghum research. The coordinating unit was shifted to IARI Regional Station, Hyderabad in 1970. More AICRP centres were added in the subsequent five year plans.
- 3. The IARI regional station at Hyderabad was reframed as the National Research Center for Sorghum (NRCS) in 1987 and the AICSIP was integrated with this centre. NRC sorghum further elevated as the Directorate of Sorghum Research (DSR) in 2009 and Indian Institute of Millets Research (IIMR) in 2014. A research station was established in 1991 at Solapur (Maharashtra) to support the Rabi research activities. One off-season nursery facility was created in 1995 at Warangal, as a national facility to support AICRP researchers.
- 4. At present, the AICRP on Sorghum has 21 centres, spread in 11 states under 17 SAUs, mostly situated at all sorghum-growing areas of the country, covering the Kharif and Rabi types of grain sorghum, Single & Multi-cut forage and Sweet Sorghums.
Mandate of AICRP on Sorghum
- 1. Develop hybrids, varieties, parental lines and novel genetic stocks and conduct and monitor multi-location testing of coordinated trials.
- 2. Develop and popularize integrated crop production technologies and plant protection practices to major insect and diseases.
- 3. To participate in publicly- funded activities encompassing Breeder Seed production, Front-line demonstrations and Tribal sub-Plan programmes.
Yearly Progress Reports
Forms for Release proposals:
- Proforma for Submission of Proposals for Identification of Crop Varieties / Hybrids by Workshops
- Proforma for Submission of Proposal for Release of Crop Variety to Central Sub-Committee on Crop Standards Notification and Release of Varieties
AICSIP 2011-12 Kharif, rabi and reports
AICSIP 2010-11 Kharif, rabi and reports
AICSIP 2006-07 Kharif & Rabi