- All India Coordinated Research Project on Sorghum, ICAR-IIMR, Hyderabad bagged the prestigious "Chaudhary Devi Lal Outstanding All India Coordinated Research Project Award 2019" during ICARs 92nd Foundation Day celebrations held on 16 July, 2020 ::
- Call for applications for Cohort 7 under RKVY RAFTAAR scheme ::
- International Year of Millets (IYoM) 2023 - News
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses webinar on implementation of Budget in agriculture sector ::
- India is celebrating ‘Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav’. ICAR has taken up ’75 lecture series’. The scientists, students or other interested audience may click this link to follow URL for joining any lecture ::
- Advertisement no 01/2019 for filling up the post of Assistant may be treated as cancelled due to administrative reasons ::
- Kharif Agro Advisory ::
- ICAR-NAHEP in collaboration with the Crop Science Division of ICAR is organizing Hackathon Kritagya- a National Level Agtech Hackathon on “Speed breeding for Crop Improvement.::
International Year of Millets (IYoM) 2023 - News
Millet Luncheon with the Ambassadors/ High Commissioners
As a pre-launch to India’s year-long grand celebration of ‘International Year of Millets (IYoM) 2023’, the Department of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare (DA&FW) and the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) hosted a special ‘millet luncheon’ with the Ambassadors/High Commissioners of different countries appointed to India, at Sushma Swaraj Bhawan, in New Delhi on 24th November 2022. Around 60 high commissioners and ambassadors to India were present at the official luncheon. The Secretary, DA&FW, Mr Manoj Ahuja reemphasized the importance of the International Year of Millets to India. Mr Secretary stressed the advantages of millets for the environment, economy, and health.Shri Narendra Singh Tomar, Hon’ble Minister for Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Govt of India stated that the International Year of Millets will offer a special opportunity to boost global production, guarantee adequate processing and consumption and thus promoting millets globally. Dr S Jaishankar, Hon’ble Minister for External Affairs called for a concerted international campaign to promote millets to address the problem of global food security. He later asked the ambassadors present at the ceremony to work together and support in increasing the impact of IYoM 2023, internationally, as the Government of India and the Indian Embassies abroad take the lead in commemorating the IYoM 2023.
Highlights of the event
- Further, an elaborately arranged millet buffet was offered for lunch in order to illustrate the diversity of Indian millets and the range of millet cuisines. Along with the formal dialogue and culinary exploration of millet, over 35 Indian start-ups related to millet participated in an exposition at the event location to display a variety of food products, including ready-to-eat and ready-to-cook millet foods.
- About 30 Millet based start-ups from different parts of the country supported by Nutrihub, ICAR-IIMR, Hyderabad participated in an exhibition at the event venue and showcased various food products, including ready-to-eat and ready-to-cook millet items of millets.
- ICAR – IIMR, Hyderabad had put up the stall at exhibition to showcase the several value-added technologies developed and commercialized. A display of samples for the ambassadors to taste and experience the fine millet products developed by ICAR-IIMR under brand ‘eatrite’.
- Dr S Jaishankar, Hon’ble Minister for External Affairs, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar, Hon’ble Minister for Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Smt Meenakshi Lekhi Hon’ble MoS for External Affairs, and Sushree Shobha Karandlaje, Hon’ble MoS for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare visited our stall and tasted jowar puffs, ragi muffins and premium jowar almond cookies made available for the people to taste. Ambassadors of several countries visited our stall to taste millet products developed by ICAR-IIMR.
- Senior officials at the ministry such as Dr Ashok Dalwai, IAS CEO NRAA, Shri Manoj Ahuja, Secretary DA&FW, Smt Shubha Thakur, Joint Secretary, DA&FW including Dr CV Ratnavathi, Director, ICAR-IIMR and Dr B Dayakar Rao, CEO Nutrihub and PS ICAR-IIMR participated in the event which was a grand success.