- All India Coordinated Research Project on Sorghum, ICAR-IIMR, Hyderabad bagged the prestigious "Chaudhary Devi Lal Outstanding All India Coordinated Research Project Award 2019" during ICARs 92nd Foundation Day celebrations held on 16 July, 2020. ::
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses webinar on implementation of Budget in agriculture sector ::
- ICAR-IIMR celebrates seventh International Day of Yoga (IDY 2021) on 21st June 2021::
- India is celebrating ‘Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav’. ICAR has taken up ’75 lecture series’. The scientists, students or other interested audience may click this link to follow URL for joining any lecture ::
- Advertisement no 01/2019 for filling up the post of Assistant may be treated as cancelled due to administrative reasons ::
- Kharif Agro Advisory
Centre for Rabi Sorghum, Solapur
To focus special attention on rabi sorghum research, ICAR established the Centre on Rabi Sorghum at Solapur (Maharashtra) in 1991. However, the Centre became fully functional from 1997 after a Scientist joined at Solapur. The mandate of the centre was to develop suitable rabi sorghum varieties / hybrids for medium-shallow soils adapted to that region and develop improved production technology for enhancing productivity of rabi sorghum.
Geographically the site lies at 17o 04' N latitude and 75o 54 E longitudes, placed at an altitude of 476.5 meters above mean sea level. The office-cum-laboratory building was constructed during the year 2000. At present ,the staff quarters are being constructed in Shelgi block. The research farm of the centre is spread over a total area of 18 hectares at two nearby locations (Shelgi and Mulegaon) in Solapur. The Shelgi farm has 8 hectares of irrigated land and the farm in the village of Mulegaon has 10 hectares of rain fed land.
How to reach CRS, Solapur:
|Nearest Airport||Nearest Airport Pune (250 kms)|
|Nearest Railway Stations||Solapur, Junction Trains from Poone and Hyderabad pass through Solapur|
|Nearest Bus Stations||Solapur
(Hyderabad- Poone National Highway # 9 )
|Solapur to CRS Office / farm||4 kms from Bus stand
6 kms from Railway station
Dr. K K Sharma, Principal Scientist
Centre on Rabi Sorghum (IIMR)
N.H. 9, Bypass Road, Shelgi,
Solapur-413 006, Maharashtra, India.
Tel: (O) 0217-2373456
Off-Season Nursery (OSN), Warangal
IIMR, formerly DSR, has established farm research facilities at Warangal within the ANGRAU research farm. The main objective of this facility is to provide off-season nurseries for sorghum workers, especially those located in the northern India who cannot raise a sorghum crop during winter (Hisar, Pantnagar, Delhi, Mauranipur, Udaipur and Indore centres of AICSIP). However, advantage is also taken to use this facility for testing some specific breeding material useful for the region such as forages and dual-purpose sorghums. This location is also suitable for use for screening against stem borer and salinity.
How to reach OSN, Warangal:
How to reach OSN, Warangal:
|Nearest Airport||Hyderabad (150 kms)|
|Nearest Railway Stations||Warangal; Khazipet Junction|
|Nearest Bus Stations||Warangal; Hanmakonda|
|Warangal to OSN Office / farm||7 kms|
Dr P Rajendra Kumar
Principal Scientist, is the Officer In-charge
Sorghum Off-Season Nursery (IIMR)
ARS Campus, Mulugu Road,