- All India Coordinated Research Project on Sorghum, ICAR-IIMR, Hyderabad bagged the prestigious "Chaudhary Devi Lal Outstanding All India Coordinated Research Project Award 2019" during ICARs 92nd Foundation Day celebrations held on 16 July, 2020. ::
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses webinar on implementation of Budget in agriculture sector ::
- The exam pattern, mode and syllabus of the Assistant Examination will be uploaded in website as and when it is decided by ICAR, New Delhi ::
- Kharif Agro Advisory
Dr. Mohan Yadao Samdur
Discipline: Plant Breeding | Designation: Principal Scientist | At DSR Since: 2009
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Mobile: 9421335927
|Degree||Institute / University||Year of completion||Subject(s) with major field|
|Ph.D (Genetics)||IARI, New Delhi||1996||Plant Breeding, Genetics and Statistics|
|M. Sc Genetics||IARI, New Delhi||1990||Plant Breeding, Genetics and Statistics|
|B. Sc (Agri)||Dr. PDKV, Akola||1987||Agriculture|
Employment Record & Experience (Starting from the present position)
|Designation||Organization||Institution & place of posting||Period
|Principal Scientist||ICAR||Directorate of Sorghum Research, Hyderabad, posted at Centre on Rabi Sorghum, Solapur||05-8-2009 till date|
|Senior Scientist||ICAR||IARI, Regional Station, Indore||5-4-2003 to 31-7-2009||6 years 4 months|
- Development of varieties and hybrids suitable for rabi adapted situation
Recent 3 major contributions:
- Evaluation of Advanced breeding genotypes and germplasm of rabi sorghum (Sorghum bicolor L. Moench) under different soil depths and irrigated conditions using weighted geometric mean index (M.Y. Samdur, R. Madhusudhana, K.K. Sharma, P. D. Patroti and M. Elangovan).
Recent awards and recognitions:
- ICAR Awards for Outstanding Interdisciplinary Team Research in Agriculture and Allied Sciences 2009-2010 on 16 July 2012.
Current collaborative activities:
Recent most significant publications:
- Patroti Parashuram, Sharma K K, and M. Y. Samdur. 2018. Assessment of magnitude of heterosis in double and single crosses over their parental lines in post-rainy sorghum (Sorghum bicolor L.) Contemporary Research in India Special issue: National Seminar”Recent Trends in Plant Sciences and Agricultureal Research (PSAR. Jan 2018, 257-261
- Kumar N., Ajay B. C., Dagla M. C., Rathanakumar A. L., Lal C., Radhakrishnan T., Samdur M.Y., Mathur R.K., Manivel P., Makwana A. D. and Chikani B. M.2018a. Evaluation of Spanish bunch advanced breeding lines for fresh seed dormancy in groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L) Crop Improv., 6: 9-12.
- Kumar N., Ajay B. C., Dagla M. C., Rathanakumar A. L.,Radhakrishnan T., Samdur M. Y., Mathur R. K.,Manivel P., Lal C., Makwana A. D. and Chikani B. M.2018b. Identification of Spanish bunch advanced breeding lines having fresh seed dormancy ingroundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.). Progressive Research-An, 13: 19-23.
- Narendra Kumar, B. C. Ajay, M. C. Dagla, A. L. Rathnakumar, T. Radhakrishnan, C. Lal, M. Y. Samdur, 2019 Multi-environment evaluation of Spanish bunch groundnut genotypes for fresh seed dormancy Indian J. Genet., 79(3) 572-582 Abstract
- Kuldeep Sharma, Indrakant Das, Parashuram Patroti, Mohan Samdur and Vilas Tonapi 2019. Macrophomina phaseolina (Tassi) Goid. The cause of seedling blight and charcoal rot of sorghum and its management in India.XIX International Plant Protection Congress IPPC 2019, 10-14 November 2019, ICRISAT, Hyderabad, Telangana, India.