- All India Coordinated Research Project on Sorghum, ICAR-IIMR, Hyderabad bagged the prestigious "Chaudhary Devi Lal Outstanding All India Coordinated Research Project Award 2019" during ICARs 92nd Foundation Day celebrations held on 16 July, 2020 ::
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses webinar on implementation of Budget in agriculture sector ::
- Nutri-Cereals Multi-stakeholders’ Mega Convention 3.0 -- 17th & 18th September 2021 ::
- ICAR-IIMR celebrates seventh International Day of Yoga (IDY 2021) on 21st June 2021 ::
- India is celebrating ‘Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav’. ICAR has taken up ’75 lecture series’. The scientists, students or other interested audience may click this link to follow URL for joining any lecture ::
- Advertisement no 01/2019 for filling up the post of Assistant may be treated as cancelled due to administrative reasons ::
- Kharif Agro Advisory ::
- First Dr NGP Rao Memorial Life time Achievement Award Ceremony Video link of 5th September, 2021 ::
- Invitation for First Dr NGP Rao Memorial Life time Achievement Award Ceremony on 5th September, 2021 (Sunday) at 11 AM ::
- हिंदी चेतना मास
- International Conference on Finger Millet 2022, January 19-22, 2022, UAS Bangalore
Dr. Kalaisekar A
Discipline: Agrl. Entomology | Designation: Senior Scientist | At DSR Since: 2008
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Mobile: 9704465354
|Degree||Institute / University||Year of completion||Subject(s) with major field|
|Ph. D||IARI, New Delhi||2003||Agricultural Entomology
|M. Sc (Agril Ento)||ANGRAU, Hyderabad||1999||Agricultural Entomology|
|B.Sc (Agri)||TNAU, Coimbatore||1996||Agriculture|
Employment Record & Experience (Starting from the present position)
|Designation||Nature of work||Organization||Institution & place of posting||Period
|Senior Scientist||Research||ICAR||DSR, Hyderabad||11.12.2008 to Till date|
|Scientist (Senior scale)||Research||ICAR||ICAR Research Complex For NEH Region, Umiam, Meghalaya||09.10.2007 to 10.12.2008|
|Scientist||Research||ICAR||ICAR Research Complex For NEH Region, Umiam, Meghalaya||09.10.2003 to 08.10.2007|
- Systematics and population biology of Atherigona spp. and midges
- Systematics and biology of parasitoids of Atherigona app.
- Crop yield and insect damage relationships in millets
- Nodal officer AEBAS, CPPP
Recent most significant publications:
- Kalaisekar, A. and SarmaSaurabh. 2019. Feeding behaviour of chrysomelid leaf beetles, Aplosonyx chalybaeus (Hope) and A. scutellatus(Baly). Indian Journal of Entomology81 (3): 511-515 (JrnID: I054; IF: 5.89).
- Padmaja, P.G., Shwetha, B.L., Kalaisekar, A., Elangovan, M. and Vilas A Tonapi 2019. Effect of sorghum grain quality on progeny emergence of Sitophiuls oryzae L. (Coleoptera: Curculionidae). Indian Journal of Entomology 81(2):261-265 (JrnID: I054; IF: 5.89).
- Padmaja, P.G., Shwetha, B.L., Kalaisekar, A. and Vilas A Tonapi 2019. Effect of host plant on growth, tissue proteins and gut enzymes of pink borer Sesamia inferens in millets. Indian Journal of Entomology 81(2):280-285(JrnID: I054; IF: 5.89).