- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurating the 'Global Millets (Shree Anna) Conference'
- Call for applications for Cohort 7 under RKVY RAFTAAR scheme ::
- International Year of Millets (IYoM) 2023 - News
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses webinar on implementation of Budget in agriculture sector ::
- India is celebrating ‘Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav’. ICAR has taken up ’75 lecture series’. The scientists, students or other interested audience may click this link to follow URL for joining any lecture ::
Marvelous Millets - View All
ICAR-IIMR - Cultivating Diversity, Justice, Resilience & Health for Zero Hunger
Indian Institute of Millets Research
Indian Institute of Millets Research (IIMR) is a premier agricultural research institute engaged in basic and strategic research on sorghum and other millets under Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR).
IIMR coordinates and facilitates millets research at national level through All India Coordinated Research Projects on Sorghum, Pearl Millet and Small Millets and provides linkages with various national and international agencies. Read More
Hon'ble PM Ji dedicates ICAR-IIMR as Global Centre of Excellence on Millets
PM Modi's speech at Global Millets (Shree Anna) Conference in PUSA, New Delhi on 18th Mar 2023
International Year of Millets (IYoM) 2023 - News
ICAR - IIMR National Nutri-Cereal Convention (NNCC) 4.0 - 23rd & 24th September 2022
International Conference on Finger Millet 2022, January 19-22, 2022, UAS Bangalore
Nutri-Cereals Multi-stakeholders’ Mega Convention 3.0 -- 17th & 18th September 2021
To transform subsistence farming of millets into a globally competitive climate resilient nutri-cereal enterprise through value-addition to meet food, feed, fodder, nutrition and bio-fuel requirements of the country for equitable prosperity through millets.
- Basic and strategic research to increase productivity of millets and their diversified utilization for enhancement of profitability.
- Coordination and development of improved crop production and protection technologies of millets.
- Training and consultancy on millet production and utilization.
- Dissemination of technologies and capacity building.