- All India Coordinated Research Project on Sorghum, ICAR-IIMR, Hyderabad bagged the prestigious "Chaudhary Devi Lal Outstanding All India Coordinated Research Project Award 2019" during ICARs 92nd Foundation Day celebrations held on 16 July, 2020 ::
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses webinar on implementation of Budget in agriculture sector ::
- Nutri-Cereals Multi-stakeholders’ Mega Convention 3.0 -- 17th & 18th September 2021 ::
- ICAR-IIMR celebrates seventh International Day of Yoga (IDY 2021) on 21st June 2021 ::
- India is celebrating ‘Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav’. ICAR has taken up ’75 lecture series’. The scientists, students or other interested audience may click this link to follow URL for joining any lecture ::
- Advertisement no 01/2019 for filling up the post of Assistant may be treated as cancelled due to administrative reasons ::
- Kharif Agro Advisory ::
- First Dr NGP Rao Memorial Life time Achievement Award Ceremony Video link of 5th September, 2021 ::
- Invitation for First Dr NGP Rao Memorial Life time Achievement Award Ceremony on 5th September, 2021 (Sunday) at 11 AM ::
- हिंदी चेतना मास
- International Conference on Finger Millet 2022, January 19-22, 2022, UAS Bangalore
Discipline: Agricultural Processing | Designation: Scientist(SS)(AS&PE) | At IIMR Since: 2019
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org |Profile video Click here
|Degree||Institute/ University||Year of completion||Subject(s) with major field|
|M.E.(ag.)||TNAU, Coimbatore||2007||Agrl. Processing|
|B.E.(ag.)||TNAU, Coimbatore||2005||Agrl. Engineering|
Employment Record & Experience (Starting from the present position)
|Designation||Organization||Institution & place of posting||Period
|Scientist(ss)(AS&PE)||ICAR||IIMR, Hyderabad||04/12/2019 to till date|
|Scientist(ss)(AS&PE)||ICAR||CIPHET, Ludhiana||05/05/2018 to 31/11019||1year,5months,28days|
|Scientist(ss)(AS&PE)||ICAR||CMFRI, Chennai||18/06/2010 to 31/03/17||6years,9months,12days|
|Scientist(ss)(AS&PE)||ICAR||DRR, Hyderabad||04/04/2005 to 10/06/10||5years,2months,6days|
|Scientist(AS&PE)||ICAR||CTCRI, Thiruvananathapuram||01/12/1999 to 24/10/04||4years,10months,23days|
- Establishing standards and guidelines to optimize milling based on nutritional value of small millets by degree of polishing.
Recent most significant publications:
- Hemasankari.P., and ISRP. Sarma, LSU DRIER & STARCH GADGET, 2015, Catal -ogue on Tools and Machinery developed by ICAR, 148p,150p. Compendium on tools and machineries of Agricultural Engineering.
- Sreedevi.B., P.C.Latha, P.Hemasankari and T.Ram,2016, Sulphur application in Rice Black gram cropping system-changes in yield, Economics and Post Harvest quality, Vol.9, Jr. of Rice Research.
- हेमाशंकरी. पी., २०१६, एन्नोर और चेन्नई मत्सय शरण स्थान, चेन्नई, तमिलनाडु के पानी, तलछट और कुछ चुनिंदा मछली प्रजातियों के भारी धातुओं, National Seminar on Mariculture: Environmental Aspects in Mariculture, CMFRI, Kochi, Kerala, 9th March’2016.
- Kaladharan, P and Vijayakumaran, K and Singh, V.V and Prema, D and Asha, P S and Sulochanan, Bindu and P. Hemasankari, and Edward, Loveson and Padua, Shelton and Veena, S and Anasu Koya, A and Bhint, H. M. 2017., Prevalence of marine litter along the Indian beaches:A preliminary account on its status and composition. Journal of the Marine Biological Association of India, 59 (1). pp. 19-24. b)Conference Papers:
- Kripa.V.,2018,Marine debris–a threat to sustainable fisheries, In: Shelton Padua, P.Kala- dharan, V.Kripa, K.S.Mohammed,K.Vijayakumaran, V.V.Singh, D.Prema, P.S. Asha, Bindu Sulochanan, P. Hemasankari, Loveson.L. Edward, S. Veena, A. Aroasukoya, H.M. Bhint and Seban John,(eds.) National Conference on Marine Debris (COMAD 2018). Book of Abstracts and Success stories, Marine Biological Association of India, April’11-12, 2018, Kochi. p.67-68.
- Manju Bala, Surya Tushir, Poonam Choudhary, Swathi Sethi and P.Hemasankari,2019, Infrared spectroscopy: Applications in Food Adulteration Detection, Cutting-Edge Epito- me of processing, value addition and waste utilization of Horticultural Crops for Augmen -ting Farmer’s Income, ICAR-Summer School,October,01-21,2019,ICAR-CIPHET,Ludh -iana, Punjab. c)Posters:
- Hemasankari.P., A.Ahamed kamal basha and M. Ravindran, Vasanth Kripa, D.Prema and K.Vijayakumaran, 2014, Seasonal variation in morphometric characteristics of sele -cted fishes of Chennai coast in relation to hydrographic parameters, 10th Indian Fisheries and Aquaculture Forum (10ifaf), Towards Responsible Aquaculture and Sustain- able Fisheries, 12-15, November,2014, Organized by Asian Fisheries Society, Indian Branch (AFSIB) Mangalore, Karnataka, India In collaboration with National Bureau of Fish Gen -etic Resources NBFGR), Lucknow, India. d)Books:
- Sreedevi.B., P.C. Latha, P. Hemasankari, T. Ram, V. Jhansilakshmi, D. Krishnaveni and Brajendra, 2015, Agronomic management of rice based cropping systems in sulfur deficient soils. Technical Book No. 85/2015. IIRR, Rajendranagar, Hyderabad – 500 030. Telangana., India. p. 57.
Other professional activities
- Life Member in the Association of Agricultural Engineers, Member -ship N. LM7997
- Life Member in the ARSSForum,164/80,LM-2779
- Life membership in NAARM Alumni Association, 2000
- Life Member in the Indian Society of Root Crops, LM- Reg.N.118
- Life Member in the Institute of Engineers, LM- AM097832-1
- Life Member in the Association of Carbohydrate Chemists and Techn -ologists, LM/107/ 2001
- Life Member in the Association of Food Science and Technologists, 3/ LO13/03
- Life Member in the Association of Society for Advancement of Rice Research,LM-119
- Life Member in the Marine Biological Association of India,N.669
- Life Member in the Society of Millet Research, ICAR-IIMR, Hyderabad, Telangana.