- All India Coordinated Research Project on Sorghum, ICAR-IIMR, Hyderabad bagged the prestigious "Chaudhary Devi Lal Outstanding All India Coordinated Research Project Award 2019" during ICARs 92nd Foundation Day celebrations held on 16 July, 2020 ::
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses webinar on implementation of Budget in agriculture sector ::
- Nutri-Cereals Multi-stakeholders’ Mega Convention 3.0 -- 17th & 18th September 2021 ::
- ICAR-IIMR celebrates seventh International Day of Yoga (IDY 2021) on 21st June 2021 ::
- India is celebrating ‘Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav’. ICAR has taken up ’75 lecture series’. The scientists, students or other interested audience may click this link to follow URL for joining any lecture ::
- Advertisement no 01/2019 for filling up the post of Assistant may be treated as cancelled due to administrative reasons ::
- Kharif Agro Advisory ::
- First Dr NGP Rao Memorial Life time Achievement Award Ceremony Video link of 5th September, 2021 ::
- Invitation for First Dr NGP Rao Memorial Life time Achievement Award Ceremony on 5th September, 2021 (Sunday) at 11 AM ::
- हिंदी चेतना मास
- International Conference on Finger Millet 2022, January 19-22, 2022, UAS Bangalore
Dr. J. Stanley
Discipline: Agricultural Entomology | Designation: Senior Scientist | At IIMR Since: 21st December 2019
Email:firstname.lastname@example.org | Mobile:
|Degree||Institute / University||Year of completion||Subject(s) with major field|
|Ph D||Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore||2007||Agricultural Entomology|
|M.Sc. (Ag)||Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore||2004||Entomology|
|B.Sc. (Ag)||Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore||2002||Agriculture|
Employment Record & Experience (Starting from the present position)
|Designation||Organization||Institution & place of posting||Period
|Senior Scientist||ICAR||Indian Institute of Millets Research, Hyderabad||21 Dec 2019 to till date|
|Senior Scientist||ICAR||ICAR-Vivekananda Parvatiya Krishi Anusandhan Sansthan, Almora||07.01.2017 - 20.12.2019||2 years 11 months|
|Scientist||ICAR||ICAR-Vivekananda Parvatiya Krishi Anusandhan Sansthan , Almora||16.05.2008 - 06.01.2017||8 years 8 months|
|Scientist||ICAR||National Academy of Agricultural Research Management, Hyderabad||07.01.2008 -15.05.2008||4 months|
Recent 3 major contributions:
- Integrated white grub management using light trap (IN 290170) and entomopathogens, Bacillus cereusand Brevibacteriumfrigoritolerans
- Isolation and identification of pheromones of Holotrichiaseticollis and pheromonal pest management
- Pollination efficiency of Indian honey bees, Apiscerana in radish, mustard, cabbage, cauliflower and summer squash.
Current collaborative activities:
Recent awards and recognitions:
- Associate, National Academy of Agricultural Sciences (NAAS), New Delhi – 2020
- Young Scientist Award, AZRA (Applied Zoologists Research Association) – 2020
- Fellow of Plant Protection Association of India, Hyderabad – 2018
- Integrated Pest Management, Insect pollination and pollinator conservation
Recent most significant publications:Journal papers
- Stanley, J., S. Chandrasekaran, G. Preetha, S. Kuttalam and R.S. Jasmine. 2019. Management of cardamom borer, ConogethespunctiferalisGuenee and thrips, SciothripscardamomiRamk using diafenthiuron and its residues in fresh and cured cardamom capsules. International Journal of Pest Management, 65(2): 97-104.
- Panday, S.C., J. Stanley, Arun Kumar, Sher Singh and J.C. Bhatt. 2019. Crop planning based on probability of rainfall at Hawalbagh, Almora. Journal of Agrometeorology, 21(3): 397-399.
- Subbanna, A.R.N.S., C. Chandrashekara, J. Stanley, K.K. Mishra, P.K. Mishra, A. Pattanayak. 2019. Bio-efficacy of chitinolytic Bacillus thuringiensis isolates native to northwestern Indian Himalayas and their synergistic toxicity with selected insecticides. Pesticide Biochemistry and Physiology, 158: 166–174.
- Arunkumar R., L. Kant, R.S. Pal, J. Stanley, A. Sharma, Raghu B.R., S.C. Panday and J.C. Bhatt.Climate resilient wheat production under changing climatic conditions in north western Himalayas of India.Journal of Agrometeorology 21: 16-19.
- Stanley, J., S. Chandrasekaran, G. Preetha and K. Subaharan. 2018. Evidence of male pheromone in Conogethespunctiferalis(Lepidoptera: Pyralidae). Journal of Entomological Science, 53(4): 455–466.
- Subbanna, A.R.N.S., H. Rajasekhara, J. Stanley, K.K. Mishra, A. Pattanayak. 2018. Pesticidalprospectives of chitinolytic bacteria in agricultural pest management. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 116: 52-66.
- Stanley, J., K. Sah and A.R.N.S. Subbanna. 2017. How efficient is the Asian honey bee, Apis cerana in pollinating mustard, Brassica campestris var. toria?Journal of Apicultural Research, 56(4): 439-451.
- Stanley, J., K. Sah, A.R.N.S. Subbanna and J.P. Gupta. 2017. How efficient is Apis cerana in pollinating cabbage, Brassica oleracea var. capitata? Pollination behaviour, pollinator effectiveness, pollinator requirement and impact of pollination. Journal of Economic Entomology, 110(3): 826-834.
Books and book chapters
- Stanley, J., K.K. Mishra, A.R.N.S. Subbanna, Rajashekara, H and A. Pattanayak. 2019. Integrated Pest Management in Major Crops. ISBN: 978-93-5321-912-3. ICAR-VPKAS, Almora,283p.
- Stanley, J and G. Preetha. 2016. Pesticide Toxicity to Non-Target Organisms: Exposure, toxicity and risk assessment methodologies. ISBN: 978-94-017-77550-6. Springer, Netherlands, 503p.
- Stanley, J. 2015. Animal and Bird Pest Management in Agricultural Land. ISBN: 978-93-5124-658-9. Daya Publishing House, Astral International Private Ltd., New Delhi, 220p.
- Subbanna, A.R.N.S., J. Stanley, H. Rajasekhara, K.K. Mishra, A. Pattanayak, and R. Bhowmick. 2020. Perspectives of Microbial Metabolites as Pesticides in Agricultural Pest Management. Co-Evolution of Secondary Metabolites, Reference Series in Phytochemistry, J.M. MErillon, K.G. Ramawat (eds.), ISBN: 978-3-319-96396-9. Springer Nature, Switzerland.
- Stanley, J., A.R.N.S. Subbanna and G. Preetha. 2018. Extraction and Identification of Pheromones of the Borer, Conogethespunctiferalis (Crambidae: Lepidoptera). In: The Black spotted, Yellow Borer, ConogethespunctiferalisGuenée and Allied Species. (A.K. Chakravarthy, ed.). ISBN: 978-981-13-0389-0. Springer (India) Pvt. Ltd., pp. 307-332.
- Bhatt, J.C., R. Arunkumar, J. Stanley. 2015. Climate change and hill agriculture in northwest Himalaya. In: Climate change modelling, planning and policy in agriculture. (A.K. Singh, J.C. Dagar, A. Arunachalam, R. Gopichandran and K.N. Shelat, eds.). ISBN: 978-81-322-2157-9. Springer (India) Pvt. Ltd. pp: 167-185
- Stanley, J., A.R.N.S. Subbanna, R.K. Khulbe and J.P. Gupta. 2018. Maize genotypes resistant to weevil, Sitophiluszeamais (Curculionidae: Coleoptera). XIV Agricultural Science Congress: Innovation for Agricultural Transformation. 20-23 Feb., 2019. 719p.
- Stanley, J., A.R.N.S. Subbanna, J.P. Gupta, K.K. Mishra and A. Pattanayak.2018 Integrated management of whitegrubs in Uttarakhand Himalayas. In Proc. of National Congress Redesigning agronomy for nature conservation and economic empowerment, GBPUAT, Pantnagar held on 20-22nd Feb., p. 598-599.
- Stanley, J., A.R.N.S. Subbanna, J.P. Gupta, K.K. Mishra and A. Pattanayak. 2018.Isolation and utilization of pheromones of scarab beetles, Holotrichiaseticollis. In: Proc. of Intl Conf. on Biocontrol and sustainable pest management. Agricultural College and Research Institute, Killikulam on 29-31st Jan., p. 168-169.
- Stanley, J.,ARNS Subbanna, KK Mishra and A.Pattanayak. 2017. Management of white grubs using pheromones in Uttarakhand hills.In: Proc. of National Seminar on Smart farming for enhancing input use efficiency, income and environmental security, ICAR- Research complex for NEH region held on19-21 Sept., p. 229.
- Stanley, J., A.R.N.S. Subbanna and J.P. Gupta. 2016. Diversity of non-Apis bee pollinators and their conservation. In: International conference on climate change adaptation and biodiversity, Andaman Science Association, ICAR-CIARI, Andaman held on 08-10th Dec., 2016 p. 70.
- Stanley, J., K.K. Mishra, N.K. Hedau and J.P. Gupta. 2016. Pest management in protected cultivation in North-Western Himalayas. In: 9th NABS National conference on New biological researches: opportunities and challenges for sustainable development, M.K. University, Madurai held on 11-12th Aug., 2016 p11-12.
Other professional activities
- Subject Editor, Pantnagar Journal of Research, GBPUAT, Pantnagar, Uttarakhand.
- Fellow, The Entomological Society of India, New Delhi
- Fellow, Plant Protection Association of India, Hyderabad
- Life member, Society of Pesticide Science, New Delhi
- Life member, Indian Society for the Advancement of Insect Science, Ludhiana
- Life member, National Academy of Biological Sciences, Chennai
- Life member, Society for Biocontrol Advancement, Bengaluru
- Life member, Applied Zoologists Research Association, Cuttack