- All India Coordinated Research Project on Sorghum, ICAR-IIMR, Hyderabad bagged the prestigious "Chaudhary Devi Lal Outstanding All India Coordinated Research Project Award 2019" during ICARs 92nd Foundation Day celebrations held on 16 July, 2020 ::
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses webinar on implementation of Budget in agriculture sector ::
- Nutri-Cereals Multi-stakeholders’ Mega Convention 3.0 -- 17th & 18th September 2021 ::
- ICAR-IIMR celebrates seventh International Day of Yoga (IDY 2021) on 21st June 2021 ::
- India is celebrating ‘Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav’. ICAR has taken up ’75 lecture series’. The scientists, students or other interested audience may click this link to follow URL for joining any lecture ::
- Advertisement no 01/2019 for filling up the post of Assistant may be treated as cancelled due to administrative reasons ::
- Kharif Agro Advisory ::
- First Dr NGP Rao Memorial Life time Achievement Award Ceremony Video link of 5th September, 2021 ::
- Invitation for First Dr NGP Rao Memorial Life time Achievement Award Ceremony on 5th September, 2021 (Sunday) at 11 AM ::
- हिंदी चेतना मास
- International Conference on Finger Millet 2022, January 19-22, 2022, UAS Bangalore
Dr.Malathi V. M.
Discipline: Biochemistry | Designation: Scientist | At IIMR Since: 2020
|Degree||Institute / University||Year of completion||Subject(s) with major field|
|Ph D (DST-INSPIRE Fellow)||ICAR-National Bureau of Agricultural Insect Resources, Bengaluru. University of Mysore.||2017||Biotechnology, Molecular Entomology|
|M.Sc.||Mahatma Gandhi University Campus, Kerala.||2007||Biochemistry|
|B.Sc.||University of Kerala, Kerala||2005||Biochemistry|
Employment Record & Experience (Starting from the present position)
|Designation||Organization||Institution & place of posting||Period
|Scientist||ICAR||Indian Institute of Millets Research, Hyderabad||04/04/2020 – till date|
|Scientist||ICAR||ICAR-NAARM(110th FOCARS)||07/01/2020 – 19/03/2020|
Recent major contributions:
Recent awards and recognitions:
- Best Paper Award at the 30th Kerala Science Congress, Govt. Brennen College, Thalassery, Kerala (2018)
- Best Oral Presentation Award in International Conference on Innovative Insect Management Approaches for Sustainable Agro- Ecosystem” at Agricultural College & Research Institute, Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India (2015).
- University first rank holder in MSc (Biochemistry), Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala (2007).
Current collaborative activities:
Recent most significant publications:
- Malathi M. Vijayakumar, Ravi P. More, AnandhamRangasamy, Gracy R. Gandhi, Mohan Muthugounder, VenkatesanThiruvengadam, SandipanSamaddar, Sushil K. Jalali, TongminSa (2018). Gut Bacterial Diversity of Insecticide-Susceptible and -Resistant Nymphs of the Brown Planthopper, NilaparvatalugensStål (Hemiptera: Delphacidae) and Elucidation of Their Putative Functional Roles.Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology28(6): 976-986.
- Malathi VM, Jalali SK, Jose VL, Gracy RG, More RP, Anandham R, Thulasi, Venkatesan T (2017) Associated bacterial diversity of insecticide-susceptible and -resistant brown planthopper, Nilaparvatalugens (Homoptera: Delphacidae) analyzed by culture-dependent and -independent methods. Phytoparasitica; doi. 10.1007/s12600-017-0629-3.
- Malathi VM, Jalali SK, Gracy RG, Venkatesan T. (2017) Acetylcholinesterase activity associated with acephate resistance in the brown planthopper, Nilaparvatalugens (Stål). Annals of Plant Protection Sciences; 25:83-85. 4. Gracy RG, Malathi VM, Jalali, SK, Jose VL, Thulasi A. (2016). Variation in larval gut bacteria between insecticide resistant and susceptible populations of Helicoverpaarmigera (Hübner) (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae).Phytoparasitica; doi:10.1007/s12600--0547-9. 5. Malathi VM, Jalali SK, Gowda DK, Mohan M, Venkatesan T. (2015) Establishing the role of detoxifying enzymes in field-evolved resistance to various insecticides in the brown planthopper (Nilaparvatalugens) in South India. Insect Science; doi. 10.1111/1744-7917.12254.
Other professional activities