- All India Coordinated Research Project on Sorghum, ICAR-IIMR, Hyderabad bagged the prestigious "Chaudhary Devi Lal Outstanding All India Coordinated Research Project Award 2019" during ICARs 92nd Foundation Day celebrations held on 16 July, 2020. ::
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses webinar on implementation of Budget in agriculture sector ::
- The exam pattern, mode and syllabus of the Assistant Examination will be uploaded in website as and when it is decided by ICAR, New Delhi ::
- Kharif Agro Advisory
Dr.Malathi V. M.
Discipline: Biochemistry | Designation: Scientist | At IIMR Since: 2020
|Degree||Institute / University||Year of completion||Subject(s) with major field|
|Ph D (DST-INSPIRE Fellow)||ICAR-National Bureau of Agricultural Insect Resources, Bengaluru. University of Mysore.||2017||Biotechnology, Molecular Entomology|
|M.Sc.||Mahatma Gandhi University Campus, Kerala.||2007||Biochemistry|
|B.Sc.||University of Kerala, Kerala||2005||Biochemistry|
Employment Record & Experience (Starting from the present position)
|Designation||Organization||Institution & place of posting||Period
|Scientist||ICAR||Indian Institute of Millets Research, Hyderabad||04/04/2020 – till date|
|Scientist||ICAR||ICAR-NAARM(110th FOCARS)||07/01/2020 – 19/03/2020|
Recent major contributions:
Recent awards and recognitions:
- Best Paper Award at the 30th Kerala Science Congress, Govt. Brennen College, Thalassery, Kerala (2018)
- Best Oral Presentation Award in International Conference on Innovative Insect Management Approaches for Sustainable Agro- Ecosystem” at Agricultural College & Research Institute, Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India (2015).
- University first rank holder in MSc (Biochemistry), Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala (2007).
Current collaborative activities:
Recent most significant publications:
- Malathi M. Vijayakumar, Ravi P. More, AnandhamRangasamy, Gracy R. Gandhi, Mohan Muthugounder, VenkatesanThiruvengadam, SandipanSamaddar, Sushil K. Jalali, TongminSa (2018). Gut Bacterial Diversity of Insecticide-Susceptible and -Resistant Nymphs of the Brown Planthopper, NilaparvatalugensStål (Hemiptera: Delphacidae) and Elucidation of Their Putative Functional Roles.Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology28(6): 976-986.
- Malathi VM, Jalali SK, Jose VL, Gracy RG, More RP, Anandham R, Thulasi, Venkatesan T (2017) Associated bacterial diversity of insecticide-susceptible and -resistant brown planthopper, Nilaparvatalugens (Homoptera: Delphacidae) analyzed by culture-dependent and -independent methods. Phytoparasitica; doi. 10.1007/s12600-017-0629-3.
- Malathi VM, Jalali SK, Gracy RG, Venkatesan T. (2017) Acetylcholinesterase activity associated with acephate resistance in the brown planthopper, Nilaparvatalugens (Stål). Annals of Plant Protection Sciences; 25:83-85. 4. Gracy RG, Malathi VM, Jalali, SK, Jose VL, Thulasi A. (2016). Variation in larval gut bacteria between insecticide resistant and susceptible populations of Helicoverpaarmigera (Hübner) (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae).Phytoparasitica; doi:10.1007/s12600--0547-9. 5. Malathi VM, Jalali SK, Gowda DK, Mohan M, Venkatesan T. (2015) Establishing the role of detoxifying enzymes in field-evolved resistance to various insecticides in the brown planthopper (Nilaparvatalugens) in South India. Insect Science; doi. 10.1111/1744-7917.12254.
Other professional activities