- All India Coordinated Research Project on Sorghum, ICAR-IIMR, Hyderabad bagged the prestigious "Chaudhary Devi Lal Outstanding All India Coordinated Research Project Award 2019" during ICARs 92nd Foundation Day celebrations held on 16 July, 2020.
- The exam pattern, mode and syllabus of the Assistant Examination will be uploaded in website as and when it is decided by ICAR, New Delhi ::
- Kharif Agro Advisory
Dr. Srividhya, S
Discipline: Plant Physiology | Designation: Scientist | At IIMR Since: 2019
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.orgProfile video Click here
|Degree||Institute / University||Year of completion||Subject(s) with major field|
|Ph D||Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore||2018||Plant Stress Physiology; Postharvest Physiology and Plant Nutrition|
|M.Sc. (Ag)||Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore||2014||Crop Physiology|
|B. Tech||Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore||2011||Biotechnology|
Employment Record & Experience (Starting from the present position)
|Designation||Organization||Institution & place of posting||Period
|Scientist||ICAR||Indian Institute of Millets Research, Hyderabad||02 Dec 2019 to till date|
|Scientist||ICAR||Professional Attachment Training at ICRISAT, Hyderabad||12-11-2018 to 15-02-2019||3 months|
|Scientist||ICAR||ICAR-Central Island Agricultural Research Institute, Port Blair, A & N Islands||04.10.2018 to 30.11.2019||1 year 2 months|
|Scientist||ICAR||National Academy of Agricultural Research Management, Hyderabad||02.07.2018 to 29.09.2018||3 months|
- Co-investigator in sub component-III of the DBT network project on millets on ‘Genetic Enhancement studies of Finger millet, Barnyard millet, Little millet, Kodo and Proso millet” (project status: approved).
- In-charge Plant Physiology lab
Recent major contributions:
Recent awards and recognitions:
- Gold Medal under Dr. D.R.Thirunavukkarasau Award for best outstanding PhD student of the University, TNAU, Coimbatore, 2019
- Gold Medal under Hon’bl Dr. J.Jayalalitha Award Outstanding Research Scholar Award for Women Student in PhD, TNAU, Coimbatore, 2019
Current collaborative activities:
Stress physiology of plants, phenotyping for abiotic stress and postharvest physiology
Recent most significant publications:
- Journal papers Jaiasankar I., S. Srividhya, B. Augustine Jerard, Nabanita Ganguly and Manasseh Moses, E. 2020. Seed microstructures of Andaman Padauk (Pterocarpus dalbergoides): a preview. Current Science. In press.
Books and book chapters
- Srividhya, S. and Nidhi Rialch. 2020. Role of rhizobacteria in alleviating salt stress. In: Molecular Aspects of Plant Beneficial Microbes in Agriculture. Eds: Vivek Sharma, Richa Salwan, Laith Khalil, Tawfeeq Al-Ani. Elsevier Academic Press, 454p.
- Kiran, KR and Srividhya, S. 2019. Coastal soil problems, their implications on plant growth and management. In: An Overview of Integrated Farming Systems of Coastal India. Eds. B Gangaiah, Pooja Bohra, Harsha Haridas, PA Bala, K Sakthivel, SK Zamir Ahmed, N Bommayasamy, K Saravanan, SK Singh and TP Swarnam. 1-189 p. ICAR-CIARI, Port Blair, Andaman & Nicobar Islands. Conference papers
- S. Srividhya, P. Jeyakumar, V. Rajeshwari. 2019. 1-MCP induced changes in banana under postharvest storage conditions. In: proceedings of abstracts of National conference in Plant Physiology.
Other professional activities
- Life member, Indian Society of Plant Physiology
- Life member, Indian Science Congress Association
- Life member, Indian Society of millets