- All India Coordinated Research Project on Sorghum, ICAR-IIMR, Hyderabad bagged the prestigious "Chaudhary Devi Lal Outstanding All India Coordinated Research Project Award 2019" during ICARs 92nd Foundation Day celebrations held on 16 July, 2020. ::
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses webinar on implementation of Budget in agriculture sector ::
- ICAR-IIMR celebrates seventh International Day of Yoga (IDY 2021) on 21st June 2021::
- India is celebrating ‘Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav’. ICAR has taken up ’75 lecture series’. The scientists, students or other interested audience may click this link to follow URL for joining any lecture ::
- Advertisement no 01/2019 for filling up the post of Assistant may be treated as cancelled due to administrative reasons ::
- Kharif Agro Advisory
International Yoga Day
ICAR-Indian Institute of Millets Research has organized seventh International Day of Yoga (IDY 2021) on 21st June 2021 from 7:30-9:00 AM through online with the participation of IIMR staff, their families and AICRP sorghum research centres. Director IIMR, Dr Vilas A. Tonapi addressed and mentioned that everybody should devote at least one hour to practice yoga for physical and mental wellbeing during the pandemic and this year theme “Yoga for well-being” is aptly designed. Practice of yoga everyday raises the overall contribution of an individual at personal, family, social and professional levels. On the occasion, Prof M Singa Rao, who is a retired scientist and qualified yoga teacher for past three decades is invited. Dr Singa Rao has conducted practical yoga session as per the protocol released by the Ministry of Ayush.
This involved asana, pranayama and dhyana. He explained the benefits of asanas, and dos and donts. Dr Singa Rao mentioned that pranayama keeps a person active throughout the day. He mentioned specific asanas that boost the immunity to keep safe during the pandemic. As a part of IYD 2021, earlier this week, online links that are free as well as paid, were shared in the official whatsapp group of IIMR, which is availed by the staff. During past year many people at IIMR started yoga practice daily, which is a positive impact of international day of yoga. The team of yoga day-IIMR consisting of Dr Sangappa, Mrs Ritu Dalal, Mr OV Ramana and Dr Visarada have thanked the guest, Director and all the participants.
Click here for YouTube link